Wednesday, April 8, 2009

MOTHER DIVINE





MOTHER DIVINE



Tranquil and calm, draped in white, Oh Mother divine,
Seated majestic, idyllic, on the playful swan
Playing Veena, holding books and beads you glisten
In a riveting spectacle of celestial elegance and élan

From you, the Seed of seeds, blooms the sound
Pulsating in Space, your brilliance, renders all mute
Flowing Veena naad, taal Mridang and melody of flute
Splendorous music pours, from you, the divine root

Space vibrates, time stills, as planets and stars align
Blossoming buds, flowers, greet the morning sunshine
Mountains and sea bow to your shimmer and shine
Nature dances in tune, to your harmony divine

You the absolute power and knowledge supreme
You’re the goal that you goaded me to dream
You’ll guide the intellect, so I staunchly deem
Only with your power of love, do I swim upstream

Every thought, grain, pebble, of every letter is you,
You’re the speech, action, reaction and the result due
You the mind, intellect and the concept I pursue
You’re the heart and soul, your blessing has nothing in lieu

You are the words and grammar for sense
All sentences, conjunctions and the tense
You the drive, the passion and the thirst,
Any prayer, poetry, prose and all the rest

So Mother,

Should you just refrain, i'll never get a speck right,
It is my humble wish; please do get me to write
Bless me the morals, values for insight
Keep me modest, ever humble as a mite

Teach me to see life in its many a phase
Ups, downs, joys and sorrow all that i face
You tell me that its all but your infinite grace, and
i pray silently to remain (forever) in your loving embrace
-----xxxx------
(PICTURE FROM INTERNET)

2 comments:

  1. i like your blog;)

    have a nice day:)

    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mariana,
    Thank you so much for your visit here and appreciating.
    Sorry for the delay in acknowleging your visit.
    Cheers..

    ReplyDelete